Saturday, May 16, 2009

Oh Those Horses


OK, so Kaia might only be 4, nearly 5, but I really think she know what she wants. Some girl's just know what their heart's desire and some know from a young age. And this pertains to Kaia! Since she was 3 she has been asking me for a horse. I thought it would just be a faze that would end shortly but it has shown to become a passion for her. I don't even know where in the world it came from. Out of the blue she asked me if she could have a horse... I just giggled a bit and said "That would be fun to have a horse" and thought nothing more of it. Now it's been almost two years and she asks weekly (at least that, if not more often), if she can have a horse. We've had all the discussions from "where would we keep it?", her reply "in the back yard", to which I say "our yard is too small for a horse", her reply "then let's move to a farm". Once she understood that moving to a farm is not going to happen her solution became "we can keep it in the house and get a cage", that one made me laugh. In hopes to deter this conversation I finally told her that horses cost too much and that I couldn't buy one, she'll have to wait until she grows up, get's a job and has her own home before she can have a horse. Well this seems to be what she will do and talks daily about it. She can hardly wat to get a job when she's 16. Until then, visits like this one to the Dunn family farm will have to suffice. Thank you Tami for helping make a little girl's dream come true.

5 comments:

Karolienkie said...

Kaia - love the Batman outfit!!!

Cute little Lyra needs to be added to your sidebar - so I can keep track of her months :))))

Tami and Jamey said...

Your welcome!! We need to get he back over to see the horses again!!

Kara said...

Hey Gwen! You know my sister in law has her 5 year old daughter in horse back riding lessons... she lives here in Queen Creek and takes them out here too. I think its only like $15-20 a lesson, and you pay as you go... I was thinking about putting Madison in, for fun for a little while, and maybe sending her only every other week, I'm not sure if the lady will do that or not. I could find out more info if you are interested! :)

Lee Family said...

Wow Kara, that would be fun. I briefly looked into riding prices but everything was way to expensive for me. And I never thought of only doing it every other week, that would be alot better. The price your sis in law pays are good, could you look into it and let me know what you find? Thanks a bunch.

Kara said...

Hey Gwen, how are you? I had forgotten about this post, are you still interested in horseback riding lessons for your daughter? Email me at kara.sly@gmail.com if you are and I can check with my sister in law and get the phone # of the lady if you'd like!