Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Greatest Wishes

I've found myself thinking, a lot, lately about the things I've always wanted to do. As I sit here blogging, I'm listening to some of favorite music and I realize these things are more like strong desires... that are growing stronger. And quite fast. I'm sure fear has been my main deterrence but part of thinks that if I announce it publicly, I'll find some courage. Hmmm, well, we'll see if it works. Three things that I've always wanted to do are as follows, and not in this particular order...

1. Learn to play the cello:
I can't even begin to express how much I love the sound of the cello. Ahh, it takes my breath away just to hear it being played. I want so badly to learn. But it doesn't seem to be the instrument of choice for many, therefore I don't even know where to turn to learn to play it. That is, without having to go into town for it.

2. Learn to play the piano:
I have always loved music. And the piano is another of the instruments I've always wanted to learn. I love to watch a pianist who feels the music they play. As many of you know Tina Upson... she's definitely one whom I love to watch. So thanks Tina for allowing me to experience your skills. Now when you get both the cello and the piano together... OH MY! It's like eternal bliss for me. My heart skips a few beats, I get chills and feel as though I'm light as a feather. If that is any inclination of what eternal happiness is like, I can not wait!

3. Learn a trade in the medical field, i.e. nursing:
From the time I was very little I have always been greatly interested in anything medical. My mom worked for 20 years (give or take) in labor and delivery and it's like that's all I've ever wanted to do, should I ever have a career besides being a full time mom. And it seems that so many people I know are in nursing school so now my itch is getting stronger. So I'm considering starting nursing school. We'll see.

8 comments:

Tami said...

Hi there! Very cute blog by the way. I'm sorry I cannot help you further your musical desires, I once played the clarinet and now? can't even read sheet music! So sad =( but by throwing it out there yes you are now going to have to follow thru and someone you never knew could help will.

teamscow said...

hi. i found you on my followers list. i didn't know you had a blog. i like your back ground.
april

Chelsey Howard said...

I wish I could play the piano too! I think Jaclynn Schnider knows how to play, but I don't know if she teaches?!

Ami Bethea said...

You would be a great nurse! Let me know if you want to know anything about the program.

Kara said...

Go Gwen! What a great idea to get your dreams and goals out there. I always feel like all I have time for is my kids and my house and the occasional trip to the park or the mall these days. Oh yea, and blogging every now and then. There was a lady in my last ward who was teaching a RS lesson and remarked that she had made a list of things she wanted to do in her life when she was younger (she now has 7 grown kids) and more recently when she found this list, she found she had accomplished everything on it! That was inspirational to me and I made my own list. Maybe I should get that out put a few on my blog. :o) I think it is wonderful that you are starting the process of accomplishing your goals... have fun! oh yea, and keep us updated!

Lauryn said...

you haven't updated in a while! I hope things are going well for your and your family! :)

Kara said...

Oh my Gwen!! I hope there will be a post here soon, about your new sweet little girl!!

Staci Kramer said...

Hey Gwen and Family! I'm dying to hear how the birth went. I hope it was wonderful. I Look forward to a post of your new whipper-snapper.